What is a Subwoofer Amplifier Circuit
A subwoofer amplifier circuit is basically a loudspeaker from which low frequency audio signals are produced. These circuits efficiently improve the audio signals and enhance their bass quality. This circuit is very useful for creating frequencies of low tone such that the sound output generated from the speaker is steady with a loud bang but the noise of humming is gone. So, on the whole this complete circuit improves the quality of the sound of your subwoofer by amplifying it.
Principle of Subwoofer Amplifier Circuit
The circuit works on a simple principle in which it basically amplifies the audio signal of low frequencies. First of all, the signals are filtered to remove the high frequency signals. And then, selected low frequency signals are amplified with the help of a voltage amplifier.
The low voltage signal is raised to a required level with the use of configurations. A transistor is required to convert the amplified low frequency audio signals into power signals with loud bang or bass and minimal noise.
You may also like to see Motion detector circuit
Requirements of the Subwoofer Amplifier Circuit
- Voltage Amplifier
- Resistors (a load resistor is required)
- Power supply voltage
The minimum frequency of the subwoofer amplifier should be between 20 to 200 Hertz for the appliances used by the consumers. The first subwoofer amplifier circuit was made back in year 1960 to add the bass to the home stereo systems. Then, it was later introduced in the movies in 1970s. The first movie with the amplified frequency audio signal was Earthquake.
And, in the year 2000s the subwoofers have become universal for each and every one, as they are widely used in so many appliances for amplifying the voice and getting high quality audio.
You may also like to see FM transmitter circuit
Working of the Circuit in Subwoofer
- The working of the subwoofer amplifier circuit is not that complex. It follows a simple procedure to produce low frequency audio signals that are also referred to as bass.
- These frequency signals are measured in Hertz (Hz). Every circuit simplifies a different frequency signal according to its function.
- The equalization is also necessary for avoiding any performance issues in the working of subwoofer amplifier circuit.
Applications of the Circuit
There are various applications of the subwoofer amplifier circuits. It is used in several numbers of appliances in several places.
- The circuit is used in home theater systems so that the subwoofers can produce noise free, high bass music in high quality.
- This circuit is also used as an amplifier in various appliances to amplify the low frequency audio signals.
- It also used for sound reinforcement for the concerts, DJ performances etc. wherever the high level of bass output is required. There these subwoofer circuits can be used to get the desired sound quality in a certain area.
- Dance clubs, public addresses conferences all these places use this circuit for amplifying the sound waves.
- These days all the places like churches, night clubs, and sound concerts have these circuits for better sound and bass quality.
- It is also used for long range transmission like if we want to draw the power for high range antennas then it can easily be done with the help of subwoofer amplifier circuit.
- The circuits are widely used in cinema theaters for creating a loud bang to attract the attention of audience.
- Even the cars have these circuits for playing the high quality music while travelling.
Limitations of Subwoofer Amplifier Circuit
- At times, the output of the circuit is distorted.
- It may also cause the disruption in the biasing of the signals.
- Sometimes, the circuit is not able to remove the noise disturbance.
You may also like to see RF Transmitter and Receiver Circuit. Do share if you find any thing interesting or do have any query.